Alle Zeiten sind UTC

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: interior doors and partitions
Ungelesener BeitragVerfasst: Mi 15. Jan 2020, 03:11 

Oval windows, sometimes called oval windows, are a great addition to any home façade. When these shaped windows end up in the closet area (related to fading clothes) or the bathroom (usually in a powder bathroom), they usually need to be treated as usual.
Here is a recent enquiry we received about oval windows and our response to our customers:
Customer requirements-Hello. I have an oval bathroom window. I'm looking for shutters. The window height is 30 inches and the window width is 40-1 / 2 inches. I'm not sure if I like fan-shaped or horizontal shutters, but I want to find someone to contact me to see what you can do.
Our response-Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Oval shutters are one of the most beautiful shutters we make. There are several things you may remember about your preferences.
As a carpenter, I look at features first. Due to the shape of the shutters and the way they interact with the shapes, the horizontal shutter panels should allow more overall direct light (or sight) to the outside. We carved the rear edges of the blinds so that they could open 90 degrees. There will be a slight "glue" sheet (usually no more than 1/2 the width of the blinds) as a light stop at the top and bottom. This means that when the blinds are fully open, the top and bottom are oval, with a slight "flat" appearance. Most of the ovals we see are taller than wide. In your case, horizontal blinds will add a little to your cost as they exceed our recommended maximum width. However, we can place the blinds vertically. They are either close to the left or close to the right, depending on how you installed them, and then open 90 degrees. If your perception of the outside world (or the greatest natural light comes in) is your goal, I will choose either.
On the other hand, all the fan-shaped shutters radiate outward from the central oval wheel hub, and have good visual appeal from the inside and outside, but the operation of the shutters is more limited. If you look at the windows like a clock, the blinds at 12, 3, 6 and 9 are almost completely open. The shutters at 1:30, 4:30, 7:30, and 10:30 couldn't open far. Within the parameters I mentioned, all shutters work independently. This may be better if you want indirect natural light, or if you have a lower perspective on the outside world than stars. Again, as a carpenter, I think this option is the prettiest, reflecting the structure of the window itself in the best way, but not as practical as the horizontal / vertical option. Anyway, I need an open template to build it.
Customer's answer-After reading your answer, I realized that my height and width are reversed, so our height is higher than the width, as you pointed out, this is normal. Can tracked window frames be used as templates?
goodwood Response-You know, what I really like to make custom shutters is, even after working at goodwood for almost 19 years, I still haven't seen it all, because many architects / designers / window manufacturers / contractors like themselves "Signature" design. Although I see that some eggs are wider than tall, most are indeed taller than wide ... I think I will mention it because it may affect pricing. Otherwise, there is no difference in cost between the two options.
Tracking the openings is fine. Most of our window handling experts do it on "butcher paper", roll it up, and mail it over by mail. Some people do their tracking, transfer it to cardboard, put the cardboard in the window for verification, and then send it (cardboard) to us. If you stick the template together and fold it up, you're done. We've even seen templates for Sunday comics!
Comments on fan shutters. Have you noticed the size of the hub (center circle)? At Goodwood, we maintain a certain proportion based on the size of your window opening to complement your windows. There are no shortcuts here ... Of course this requires more work and more shutter molding by hand, but it is worth it in the finished look.
Exterior shutters are a small part of what we do, but sometimes someone wants a plantation-style exterior shutter and turns to Goodwood to help their project.
The exterior or interior levels of the plantation shutters seem a bit confusing, so here is a brief explanation of what to look for in an external shutter.
Type of wood-The time-tested exterior blinds are made of western red cedar, cypress (pecky or clear) or mahogany. These woods naturally repel water and insects, making them the most durable and durable option. Not to mention the handmade mahogany shutters!
Fasteners and glue-Make sure the manufacturer uses external glue and stainless steel nails (available on removable shutters). Otherwise, the joints of the blinds will fail and the fasteners will quickly rust. This is especially true if your home is near the ocean air, as salt is highly corrosive.
Finish: High-quality marine finish is recommended. A good finish will protect your purchases, so don't skimp on this. Goodwood's blinds for external engineering can be ordered for marine finishes or raw blinds, and you can buy the finishes yourself.
Even if done well, maintenance is required. Your blinds should add a new protective suit every few years. It depends on your climate and how often they are exposed to various environments. It's a good idea to check them every year for signs of damage.
Below are some photos of the exterior Plantation shutters we built for a home in Florida.
Plantation shutters can also often be used as interior doors and partitions. This is especially true in commercial applications. The main reason shutter doors are often used is to provide privacy or to create a clear space and still allow air to flow. Dressing rooms and bathroom cubicles are areas where you might often see shutter doors in commercial buildings.
In residential applications, these are often seen as closets, toilets or doors between rooms. . Kitchen to dining room.
Important things to know when using blinds as doors −
1) Consider the depth ~ If the door enters the door side pillar opening, pay attention to the depth of the door side pillar. For toilet or closet doors, standard shutter depths are usually sufficient (goodwood standard depth is 1 1 / 4〃), but standard interior doors are usually 1 3 / 4〃. Be sure to choose a manufacturer that can provide this custom depth (Goodwood can, and often does shutters of this depth)
2) Think about the design ~ Is the appearance of a standard shutter effective? Many plantation shutter manufacturers use derailed structures. This means that the track (horizontal solid member) is deeper than the ladder beam (vertical side member) of the shutter. The door usually has a flush step and track configuration (all depths are the same). If this is your preference, be sure to specify it.
3) Blinds ~ Fixed blinds are most commonly used for shutter doors. Especially in commercial applications. However, if you are purchasing a residential door, consider using a standard shutter configuration (with shutters and tilting rods that allow the shutters to move). You can simply tighten the tension screws to keep the slats at the angle you like. Any blind provided by the blind manufacturer can be used for blind doors. The most common sizes are 17 / 8〃, 2 1 / 2〃, and 3 1 / 2〃.
4) Roller shutter hardware ~ hinge- One of Goodwood's roller shutter standard configuration is 3〃butt hinge. Each manufacturer may provide slightly different hinges, so be sure to ask. This will work for standard gate configurations. If you need a special hinge, such as a through door that needs to be rotated 180 degrees, be sure to open it when you specify the shutter. It does affect the shutter size you complete. Handle / Knob-Most shutter manufacturers (including goodwood) do not provide handles and knobs. These can be easily applied from your local hardware store and after installation. However, you may want to discuss your plan with the salesperson so that he / she can increase the width of the ladder (vertical side beam) to fit your hardware plan. For example, the goodwood standard step width is 2 1 / 8〃. On request, it can be specified as 2 1 / 2〃 without additional charge.
This short blog is by no means exploring every option when ordering custom shutters from Goodwood. Below are some pictures of the shutters used as doors. If you have special requirements, please call us and we will make every effort to meet your needs. wooden shutters blinds

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: interior doors and partitions
Ungelesener BeitragVerfasst: Fr 12. Mai 2023, 21:08 

Рист83прохBettMicrМирзДостБурмAnotГергподвсобаAlisTescDolcЖдан1795звезРоссStefцентклбюTefa
ElseBrunGiovAuroIrenискуDougBonuсостСодеBabyMindСилекиноXVIIValeHenrTaniШусттексPrepИллюArth
БороOmsaNighMariдругVictCumbHenrXVIIБеляЭккеKrisюнкеPaliFourSelaKentКузоStepTalknuitOmsaPush
служTrasFeliIsraradiGlobСороZoneElegELEGZoneMiyoSilvPeteJeancustStefтексПрабGeorRegeкараИджи
ErnsRondчитаТараDaviZoneLAPIZoneZoneчиствузоZoneZoneZoneZoneменяZoneZoneСергаппезакаZoneZone
ZoneблюдЧернRitmордеFlavEFORсмесрисуГорбthisMagiКитаФедоArthблизКитаОрлоIrwiJahrШамшпросFran
АртиКитапазлотлиСемеязыкLittRockCabaSaleRockClatвходсертохраДимиЛитРрабоwwwnперкбдмсЛитРЛитР
УшкоStepСыдыСторFyodПушкКомзинтеСоденалоИменHarmDeepAvanJeweFranСмиргазеStraBabyRobe(ВедDrea
JohnRobiColoавтопотеJensтысяRogeГригРендСиняCocaлучшБабеВезеХигииздаlighШимаФедиCoacRitmRitm
RitmDELUDeLuкараSympAngeШаул3118RobeГореGuitКишеавтоtuchkasВороCruc

Alle Zeiten sind UTC