Alle Zeiten sind UTC

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Three changes NFL should make to the dra
Ungelesener BeitragVerfasst: Do 16. Feb 2023, 15:40 

Welcome to the Monday edition of the Pick Six newsletter!Ladies and gentlemen, I have some big news: The start of the is only 10 days away. In 10 short days, there will be no more mock drafts, we won't get to argue anymore about who the are going to take with the first overall pick and fans will get to stop worrying about whether their team is going to waste their two top-10 picks, which is probably going to happen.Since the draft is now officially 10 days away, we're going to be talking a lot about the draft in today's newsletter. Not only do we have a SEVEN-ROUND mock draft, but I'm also going to reveal the three changes I want to see made at the NFL Draft to make it a more pleasant event.As always, here's your weekly reminder to tell all your friends to sign up for the newsletter. All you have to do is . 1. Today's show: Monday Mailbag!During the offseason, we like to spice things up each week on the Pick Six Podcast by adding a listener mailbag every Monday. Our mailbag episodes are pretty simple: We read listener questions during the show and then answer as many of those questions as po sible. Questions can be about literally anything. I mean, I'm pretty sure there was one time when someone asked if I have a favorite Skittles flavor, so if we'll answer that question, trust me when I Anders Bjork Kids Jersey say we'll answer almost anything (By the way, yellow Skittles are the only ones worth eating).Anyway, if you want to submit a question, all you have to do is go to Apple Podcasts ( ) and leave a five-star review that includes your question.Here's one question that Ryan Wilson and I answered in today's mailbag (We kicked Will Brinson to the curb, so he wasn't on today's show): Q:What changes would you make to the NFL draft format?A:If I was in charge of David Backes Jersey the NFL, I'd make three simple changes to the NFL Draft format to add some serious spice to the event. For one, the worst team in the NFL wouldn't automatically get the first overall pick. Instead, they'd play a game against the second-worst team in the NFL in January and the winner of that game would get the top pick.Next, I would steal an idea from the and implement a draft lottery. The first two picks would go to the winner and loser of the aforementioned draft game. After that, the next 16 picks would all take part in the lottery. The names of those 16 teams would be thrown in a hat and a random drawing would decide who gets picks three through 18. Under this format, a team like the , who currently have the third overall pick, could end up with the 18th overall pick instead. Sorry, Texans. The NFL could also televise the lottery drawing, which I'm only pointing out because the NFL loves to televise things.Finally, I would shorten the first round. Ten minutes for each pick is way too long. I would cut it down to eight minutes and by doing that I would automatically save us all over an hour of sitting around and doing nothing. After sharing all of these ideas, I know what you Cam Neely Women Jersey 're thinking, and yes, I agree the NFL should make me commi sioner after Roger Goodell retires.Anyway, to listen to the rest of the mailbag, . You can . 2. Ryan Wilson unveils his seven-round mock draftAfter doing roughly 112 mock drafts over the past six months, you'd think that Ryan Wilson would be burnt out, but nope, he was just saving his best for last: Today, our senior NFL Draft analyst unveiled his full seven-round mock draft. Wilson has done plenty of one-round mock drafts and he even completed a three-round mock draft last week, but today's mock is his biggest one yet: It consists of all 262 picks in the entire draft. Although part of me wants to break down all 262 picks that Wilson has in his mock, we're not going to do that here, because it would take me 11 hours and today's newsletter wouldn't be released until tomorrow and no one wants that.Whenever we go over a mock draft here, I usually give you the top-10 picks for that mock, but this time, we're going we're going to do something slightly different: We're going to look at the first 10 picks in the fourth-round, because no one ever talks John Moore Women Jersey about the fourth-round.106. Jaguars: Malcolm Rodriguez, LB, Oklahoma State107. Texans (via ): Coby Bryant, CB, Cincinnati108. Texans: Wan'Dale Robinson, WR, Kentucky109. (via ): Kyren Williams, RB, Notre Dame110. (via Giants): Eyioma Uwazurike, DT, Iowa State111. Jets (via ): Dohnovan West, OC, Arizona State112. Giants (via ): Tyler Allgeier, RB, BYU113. : Darrian Beavers, LB, Cincinnati114. : Josh Jobe, CB, Alabama115. : Chasen Hines, OG, LSUHere are a few other key notes about the mock draft:Wilson has North Carolina State offensive lineman Ikem Ekwonu going first overall to the Jaguars.The first QB taken is Malik Wallis, who goes to Seattle with the ninth overall pick.Besides the Seahawks, only two other teams -- the and Lions -- ended up selecting a quarterback in the first round.After losing , the use BOTH of their first-round picks on wide receivers. Wilson has them taking Arkansas' Treylon Burks at 22nd overall and Ohio State's Chris Olave at 28th overall.If you want to see how Wilson has . 3. Star NFL receivers planning to skip their team's offseason workoutsThe NFL's best wide receivers have been landing record contracts this offseason and it appears there are at least three more who would like to get in on that with a new deal before the start of the 2022 season. According , , and are all planning to skip their respective team's offseason workout programs unle s they get a new contract.Here's :Wide receiver market has gotten crazy. The receiver market was turned upside down this offseason with multiple players landing huge contracts. ($30 million per year), Davante Adams ($28.5 million), ($24 million), ($20 million) and ($20 million) headline a list of receivers that are all now making at least $20 million per year thanks to new contracts they received this offseason.Brown, Samuel and McLaurin Par Lindholm Women Jersey in the same boat. All three players were selected in the 2019 NFL Draft and because none of them were taken in the first round, that means they were each given a four-year rookie deal that will expire following the 2022 season.All three will be looking for huge contracts. Under their current deals, all three receivers are set to make le s than $4 million on 2022. Brown is under contract for $3.99 million in 2022 while Samuel ($3.96 million) and McLaurin ($2.79 million) are both behind him (McLaurin's number is much lower because he was a third-round pick while Brown and Samuel were second-round picks). The three players will all be looking for market rate deals, which means the Commanders, and will likely have to shell out $20 million to $30 million per year to get a deal done.Samuel's contract might be the toughest one to get done. It's wants to be the highest paid non-QB in the NFL, which means

Alle Zeiten sind UTC